Thursday, July 3, 2008

Animation Mentor in the News and other stuff

For everyone whose wondering what Animation Mentor is all about, check out the ABC interview below.  It's a little dated, early 2007, but it's still relevant.


You can also check out the school at: www.animationmentor.com if you'd like to see more.

Today, I purchased my first animation disk.  This is what traditional 2D animator's use to animate cartoons. If you haven't ever seen or heard about one, here's the one I just bought.

Yeah, I know.  It looks weird.  I'll post some picks when I get a chance to put it to good use.

The next thing I need is a table for this disk to set into and I'll be ready for pencil and paper animation.

Well, I thought I would post a short review of Pixar's latest movie, Wall-e, but I'll wait.  For now though, all I'll say is, it's extremely sad when Wall-e dies.  If you haven't seen it, sorry to spoil it for you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wes, as you probably already know, I am very proud of you! I know you are a "go getter". Keep your head on straight, which I think you will do, keep God, Jaime and your child in mind. In other words, don't burn yourself out and don't miss out on your family. Ask yourself questions every once in awhile (sit back and reflect). and have a line you will not cross over. This is the first I have heard of your school. So, have fun and don't forget about Momma Pink when you make it big!

Love, Momma Pink

Mark Reisch said...

Congrats on getting in to AM! I am just starting Class 4 and it totally rocks! You have an idea in you head about how fantastic AM is, but until you actually set your virtual foot in the door on day one, you really have no idea of the amazing stuff/people/ideas/ and fun you will have!

Good luck, when you get in, I will be starting Class 5. Add me to your buddy list (you'll know more about it when you get there) And I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.

As a side note, a friend of mine from AM just got hired 1 week after graduation to work at Blue Sky. She only had a 10min chat (not really an interview) with them, next thing she new, they called her and offered the position to her.

Any way good luck and I'll see ya around Campus.

Mark

Quoc said...

Hey I like your animation disc. Can I ask where you got yours?